Monday, June 30, 2008

Larger than Life



In the hopes of enlightenment and growth I couldn't help but wonder, just how we all got caught up in this race. The race to the questionable finish line, and why do we want to get there so badly. Isn't half the fun getting there? We all want to speed up and rush to the end. The end of what? I often fantasize what it would be like to finally get that whole school thing past me, or what it would of been like if I where never distracted by so called love from my past and really grab ahold of school and where I would or currently be in life. Would I be any further ahead? Would I be any wiser? Would I still have made the same choices? I think to myself I just can't wait to get on with my life. Well, shouldn't I be looking at getting "in" my life instead of going past all the stuff to get to that so called "on" with my life? Someone recently told me, I'm looking at all the negatives. He is so right. I should be enjoying the fact that I'm bettering myself going to school, and that I got a new job. I should be looking at it as something good instead of just another shitty stepping stone to what I want to have.
I feel like I'm the Empire State building putting me in another city would just be so wrong. I hope you get my drift. The new job, I was looking at quite questionably. Like thinking just about how much I'm dooming myself into hating yet another meaningless task to perform for which I care nothing about. But then I decided to grab ahold of my choice and look at it head on that this could be a potential good thing in moving forward. Well in my eyes no matter what we move forward. Good and bad. This could be good or could be bad. The Empire State building wants to go in looking good and classy. Hey, she had to be built somewhere fabulous!

No comments: