Thursday, June 19, 2008

My Current Situation through Photography


So...so...being very much jobless scrambling around in hopes I find the "IT" thing for me to slave away into, I can't stop obsessing more and more about photography. Every where I look, I see the next possible shot. I love hearing that famous line "oh i wish I had my camera" and I gleefully pull out my trusty Canon PowerShot. I grin ear to ear. As I happily look through the eyepiece or strategically place my camera in some odd position I find myself getting lost into the camera and my surroundings knowing a great man once told me "Bring your camera with you every where." I feel totally serene listing to the clicks and tick and the mechanical sounds of the auto focus adjusting to what could be my next shot of the week. I find myself in lots of boring situations and find myself deep in thought fantasizing and coming up with brilliant ways I would like to capture "LIFE" on film. Not so much film any more but memory card. Smirks.

Also being jobless has made me realize my love for it even more so. So I had to give up some stuff. My obscene shopping habits and my love for purses and the rest of my useless shit obsessions that amount to nothing in the end. I was okay with that. It really burned my ass and it sucks but I was okay. But at least I could reason that a camera captures life, parts of my life all along the road, my camera is forever linked to capturing my life. Then when the unthinkable happened, I thought one of my most beloved computer parts (THE CARD READER) almost died on me, I was ready to throw the towel in. If the common link to bring my photos to life where taken away, and thinking about not using a camera, broke my total will. I don't think I have cried that hard in my life. But thankfully in my broken state...ha ha get it? Broken, Broke...state, I pulled it together and got it to work and that's when it hit me! What if I where stripped of everything I think I need. Cellphone....oh god it would be hard, I admit this, but I would gladly throw it in the trash for an SLR or just to hold onto my camera if it where the only thing I could have. Purses? Ehhh...another toughie, what would I carry my fabulous camera around in? Still give it up for the camera. Your aware of my obsessions, and I would trade them all for another shot of "LIFE".

Life at this current moment makes my dream of an SLR seem far across the pacific. Just not in a place or time to get one. I can accept that. So for now, I will go down the path I'm meant to go down, to learn some meaningful lesson and continue to love my little Canon Powershot that will help capture my life lesson and know that it never once let me down.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marlena without a cellphone? SACRE BLEU!!! The world would stop spinning.... We would all fry!


Another beautiful narrative, Ms. Marron. Tip-top!

Unknown said...

Verizon would go under without you checking and evaluating all of the new technology that they put out. Great thoughts from a busy mind.

Unknown said...

Why thank you