Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Parachutes

I used to have this problem you see...
I used to have this sense of avoidance of certain things that would take me back to a place I just had no desire of reflecting back on.  Lived and learned.  No resentment.  Just something I felt what's done is done, the past can not be rewritten and I have no use for it in this time and place.  To the point, the avoidance factor was some simple things that would sting and would ignite old emotions that would bring me back to that space time continuum.  One of which a song.  I avoided it because I already lived it.  I'm not looking to go back to dwell on negativity or be reminded.  So in my normal routine, apparently the cloud felt the need to re-download the song while I was doing my cleaning, dance party, yes its hilarious, unfazed while it played and I rocked out to it and no old memories came back.
I stopped at the end and realized what just happened gazed around foolishly as if someone was looking at me.  Did this just happen?  So just to be sure I played it a few more times to make sure it wasn't false trickery.  No old memories, So I continued my dance party and rocked out like I owned it.  I now feel the song has an entirely new meaning than it once had.
Take that iTunes.

No comments: