Thursday, January 17, 2013

My Efforts to Equilibrium

In a very short period of time, I was able to change key things in my life.  I keep seeking for that sense of equilibrium.  Being unemployed has it's challenges, but it has shed some wealth of knowledge upon me.  For example for one I gave up cursing.  It's odd how this starts,  it appears I think socially or culturally, I don't do it around my gramps, work or other relevant places, what purpose does it serve except for making you sound less intelligent? It wasn't hard let's put it that way, but I will say once you do knowingly stop you become more aware of your surroundings and of others and their foul mouths.  I thank you for kindly pointing that out.

Moving on...I have in the past and maybe this has been apart of my ability to escape the drama, or keep some Zen in my life but I forgive and let go and move on.  I think this helps my sanity.  With or without these people in my life.  I can't understand people who feel the need to hold on so tight to things that they need to  beat down on people to make themselves feel better.  If that helps you feel better, beat away, this does not affect me but if it helps you in some way carry on.


My family has gotten a new puppy last month, although old wounds are still fresh, but new memories are being made and welcomed.  Each dog brings some Zen with them.  Something to be learned from a dogs aspect they live in the moment.  They fall asleep so blissfully, they are so trustworthy and love unconditionally.  Tripp was 20lbs when we got him now he's 40lbs still crawling in my lab for nap time.  Just watching him brings peace and quite to the mind.  He is a joy.

I've also started meditating before sleep, I must say sleep like a baby.

I have also deleted all music in my library that isn't going to help me reach my so called equilibrium.  I want my music to match my intellectual levels and tastes, and if it didn't match it now well I have no use for it.  My thoughts were if I have not listened to it in at least 6 months it's a toss or if it wasn't a favorite artist in some way that has stuck with me I wasn't keeping it.  I had music from the distant past and what I call booty poppin' music that I question why do I even have this?  I never listen to this?  Bye, Bye... There is always YouTube if I have a huge desire again.  This is also going in the same direction in my home, getting ride of things I don't use or need.

and I guess sort of the best part, I'm taking classes to get Network + Certified.  I'm looking forward to the classes.  Being challenged and seeing what unfolds.  I am thankful for those I've met and never met and continue to inspire me and share their wealth of knowledge.  Knowledge is truly wonderful.

No comments: