Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My 25th Birthday Part 3 LIfe Lesson

It is now a new month. A new month with new beginnings. Hopefully happy ones. In with the good. Lots of new stuff going on in the land of Miss. Marron. New goals. Maybe even new dreams. For starters, I have a new job obviously, my 25th birthday the trilogy is around the corner and yet I don't feel any different. I hope wiser, but not different.

I find now with what I have learned is I appreciate and enjoy lots of little things, more so than the huge things that I thought at one point where so much more important. For example today, I went to the beach with my uncle, cousin and sister. Then I met one of my most beloved friends at the coffee shop and just chatted away and even got to see a photo studio. I was in total awe of all the beautiful photos and all their beauty. Something so simple. Who ever said its the small things in life obviously knew what they where talking about. I think for my age, I learned that fairly early on. I cherish simple moments that just may be over looked, like the way my dog just insists on leaning on you while you pet him, or how my cat thinks no one is home and meows like someone left her behind, or how my sister makes so many faces just like mine, or how funny my other sister really is, or the things that my dad said to me that are so simple but will never leave me, and my moms home cooked meals. Just little things like playing golf with my grandfather. Or even something just as small as the mother nature and all her beauty in itself, maybe a car ride, a simple text message, a half hour visit or a phone call is priceless. I cherish these things, these priceless moments because one day there will be no more and I would rather have millions and millions of these moments than toys and accessories. My 25th birthday part 3 life lesson.

2 comments: