Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My Obsession Has Become My Illness


Is fashion and accessories my obsession or my illness? Is having nice things my happiness or my emptiness? Does the quantity of it all mean more is better and will it ever be enough? Will the void ever really stop and what drives my boredom to this obsession?


I look into a deep, very large closet of all the beautiful garments and accessories and see nothing but a deep sea of emptiness that's never full. Just taunting me. The wonderfully designed purses, all empty with no where to go. The beautifully lined up shoes with no feet in them and no destination. The garments all lovely hung up in a row patiently awaiting their turn to be worn. The make up all set up for the empty blank stare to be a face all made up and all the pretty scents blissfully awaiting their turn to be spritzed to complete the painted picture.


Where and when did my obsession or illness start and why and look where it got me? Still nowhere. The painful reality hits me in waves. What's it going to take to cut the cord from the taunting labels, AE, Dior, Calvin Klein, Cinique, Harvey, D&G, Lacoste, Ralph Lauren, BCBG, Steve Madden and Abercrombie & Fitch that call out to me and make me think this makes up a part of the person I am? How can I separate myself from the labels I have so become accustomed too and love? I feel lost in a sea of labels...

No comments: