Saturday, December 2, 2006

comfort

Isn't it amazing how you can find comfort for many issues or feelings going on in ones life such as, some choose to smoke, drink, eat, shopping, reading, excerise, the opposite sex, a teddy bear, drug use? All for what? Calm us down from the caios in our little world? Is it to make us feel better about ourselves?

I can't help but wonder why we feel we need to find comfort in other things. Can't we find it within ourselves? People tend to forget just how strong we each all are. Its amazing what you can do if you can just teach yourself or even tell yourself your going to think a different way. I don't believe in that bullshit that people cant change, I never have nor will i ever. Its a state of thinking, its all in your head to help comfort yourself because you lack the strength within yourself to want to change. All of us take comfort in something wether its something I have mentioned before or not, we all incorporate something into our daily lives. I notice when I'm upset I dwell on some issues for some time(hey i'm guilty as well) but I know from the moment i'm upset that I have already begun to change, (again) and know I will get through it. I have my moments where everything falls apart--but I find the strength from within myself I know i'm a survivor and I'll make it. I dont get it from a cheeseburger, or a beer or from a man. I get it from myself.

As I have learned, there is nobody more important than yourself. Me. Number one, and putting myself first instead of casting myself aside. you can't count on anyone but yourself....but here's my point...

cant you take comfort in yourself? There's only one of you