Sunday, October 28, 2012

Paths

Perhaps, the path of life that brings us to doors that we open leads us to opening new doors for which we have sealed off to the world.  Some that have been sealed away for several years, some for moments in time.  So as they say,  one door closes but several can lead you down new paths and help you to make new choices.  New choices you thus far you would of closed yourself off from.  Maybe these path's choose you, you don't choose them.  Like a friend recently told me,  the music we listen to often chooses us.  I firmly believe that, maybe that correlates to a lot of aspects to our lives.  Perhaps, my soul has been closed off for so long that this life lesson has taught me more than had anticipated.  That one, I am oddly unique but in every once worth any risks.  That I am capable of so much more than hiding it all behind a false image of haunted ghosts.  I have love and compassion in perhaps the most minute things but I see the larger picture so they aren't so minute.  I'm never resentful.  The inner circle of people know I'd risk everything and give everything to those that matter most.  Sometimes I'm more scared of living than dying.  I often feel like I don't belong in this time, I wish I was from another time.  When things actually meant something.  Maybe its the fact that sleep eludes me so.  Or maybe The day After Tomorrow is coming that's making me think this way, or my DNA, but I know that moving forward I don't feel bad for who I am.  I am Marlena.  I've been hidden for a while now behind scars, and band-aids and this is myself letting it all go and remembering I'm not going to let the past any longer damage and dictate my future.  Because I am Marlena, I am worth it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes you are, your Marlena Marron. A proclamation of worth.
Putting yourself in harms way is called living. Hiding your unique self is just down right egotistical. You're depriving yourself from unique to you, experiences. So what if you have 999 times of not finding what you're looking for, if you find that one time that makes the journey worthwhile.One step at a time.
Groetjes.
PS it's flattering that you read my words.

Unknown said...

I've not let my gaurd down for quite sometimw. Its time to just let me be me instead of being chased my ghosts. Your words have vaule to them. I respect and value that